Terrell County ISD is seeking applications for the following position:
District Maintenance Employee
Info about position:
Job Title: General Maintenance Worker Exemption Status/Test: Nonexempt
Pay Grade: Dependent on experience Weekly Hours: 40 hours per week
Reports to: Director of School Operations Date Posted: June 26, 2017
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE SCHOOL OFFICE.
Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, and sanitary systems throughout district. Assist with maintenance of grounds.
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Knowledge of basic construction and routine maintenance and repair procedures
Ability to communicate effectively (verbally)
Ability to operate hand and power tools
Ability to work independently
3 years experience in general building maintenance
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Maintenance and Repair
- Assist skilled workers with repair and maintenance of district facilities, including repairing woodwork; replacing electrical switches, fixtures, and motors; painting, repairing, and replacing plumbing fixtures and drainage systems; and replacing broken glass.
- Inspect building exterior and interior, playground equipment, and grounds; perform maintenance and minor repairs.
- Detect and report needed major repairs on building structures and their systems, including lockers, furniture, and equipment.
- Complete repairs as directed on work orders or by maintenance foreman.
- Assist with mowing and detailing of district grounds.
- Move, install, assemble, and repair all school furniture and playground equipment as needed.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting and climbing. Operate equipment and use tools according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Maintain tools and equipment and perform preventive maintenance as required.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Tools/Equipment Used: Small hand tools, power tools, and measuring tools; light truck or van
- Posture: Frequent standing, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladders/scaffolding, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and overhead reaching; frequent driving
- Lifting: Heavy lifting and carrying (45 pounds and over) on a daily basis
- Environment: Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials, noise, vibration, and electrical hazards; work around machinery with moving parts; may work alone; regularly work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours; frequent districtwide travel
- Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress
Health Insurance -- As of 2016-17 district pays 100% of BCBS of Texas Low Plan
Pay Grade: Pay is dependent on the number of years of experience.