P-EBT Application is Open!Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) provides food benefits to families with enrolled students (up to 21 years of age) who temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals for the 2020–2021 school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.The Texas Education Agency (TEA), Texas Department of Agriculture and Texas Health and Human Services request that schools attempt to contact eligible families now, as the P-EBT application opens June 2, 2021. Thank you for your assistance with the P-EBT program. We appreciate all the work you do to help make sure Texas families have access to food during this time.To apply, go to yourtexasbenefits.com/Learn/
PEBT (application link is case-sensitive). The application opens June 2. Deadline to apply is Aug. 13, 2021.Who is Eligible?
Who Needs to Apply?
- Students who are certified for free or reduced-price meals through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Students who attend a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) or Provision 2 (P2) school that offers free meals to all students.
- Children born after Aug. 1, 2014, in families who received SNAP benefits for at least one month between October 2020 and June 2021.
- A parent/guardian must apply if eligible student is:
- Enrolled in K-12 and NOT part of a family who received SNAP benefits for at least one month between August 2020 and June 2021.
- Born on or before Aug. 1, 2014, and is part of a family who received SNAP benefits for the first time during the 2020–2021 school year in May or June 2021.
Do you have questions about P-EBT?For more information, visit hhs.texas.gov/pebt (English) or hhs.texas.gov/es/pebt (Spanish), or call the P-EBT Call Center at 833-442-1255, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Central time.
- A parent/guardian does not have to apply if eligible student or child is:
- Born on or before Aug. 1, 2014, and is part of a family who received SNAP benefits for at least one month between August 2020 and April 2021.
- Born after Aug. 1, 2014, and is part of a family who received SNAP benefits for at least one month between October 2020 and June 2021.