Bullying Reporting Form
NOTICE TO STUDENTS AND PARENTS
REGARDING BULLYING AND DISCRIMINATION
Terrell County ISD
Dear Students and Parents:
- District policy prohibits bullying and also prohibits retaliation against anyone who reports an incident of bullying. Board Policy FFI (Legal and Local)
- If a student believes that he or she is the victim of bullying, the student should report it immediately to a campus administrator, teacher/coach, campus nurse or school resource office. All students are encouraged to report such incidents immediately. Forms for reporting bullying (for parents and students) can be found in campus offices or can be downloaded from the link provided below. Reports can also be made on reportabully.com. (see the link below).
- The District has an established procedure for contacting parents within in a reasonable time after an incident of bullying involving their child has been reported.
- Campus administration must complete an investigation of an alleged incident of bullying within 10 district business days unless more time is warranted.
Bullying is defined by the Texas Education Code (TEC) Section 37.0832 as follows:
“Bullying” means engaging in written or verbal expression through electronic means or physical conduct that occurs on school property, at a school-sponsored or school-related activity, or in a vehicle operated by the District that:
- Has the effect or will have the effect of physically harming a student, damaging a student’s property, or placing a student in a reasonable fear of harm to the student’s person or of damage to the student’s property; or
- Is sufficiently severe, persistent, and pervasive enough that the action or threat creates an intimidating, threatening, or abusive educational environment for a student.
To constitute bullying, the conduct described above must:
- Exploit an imbalance of power between the student perpetrator and the student victim through written or verbal expressions or physical conduct: and
- Interfere with a student’s education or substantially disrupts the operation of a school.
Section 37.0832 of the Texas Education Code (TEC) does not apply however to conduct that occurs off campus and is unrelated to any school function.
For more information about bullying and related procedures, please contact your child’s principal.
Finally, the District does not tolerate other conduct that constitutes prohibited discrimination or harassment based on sex, gender, race, color, national origin, or disability. Any student or parent who believes that such conduct has occurred should report it immediately to the campus principal.
Bullying Reporting Methods:
Printable Reporting Form (Download and print out the form and turn in to administration.)
Other helpful links:
Video-Texas Schools, Bullying, and the Law-Follow the link to downloads and videos